Undertaking any medical or dental procedure can cause worry. If you are considering Invisalign treatment to repair misaligned teeth or improper bite, it is important to know what to expect going in. Research has shown that patients who understand a procedure before receiving it have a much higher success rate and much lower levels of anxiety. Dr Moradi, provides Invisalign to patients in the San Jose, CA area.
1. You will have an initial consultation with your dentist. He or she will fully examine your teeth and discuss treatment options at length.
2. The dentist or orthodontist will take impressions, x-rays, and photographs. These are then sent to the Invisalign office where a 3-D computer model will be created of your teeth now and your final product.
3. Clear “attachments” will be bonded to the teeth that need the most adjustment. Rubber bands may also be used for jaw realignment.
4. You will receive your aligners which you wear over your teeth for 20-22 hours per day. You must remove them to eat and follow instructions on how to clean the aligners and your teeth.
5. You will visit the dentist or orthodontist every 2 weeks to have aligners replaced or adjusted. In small increments, your teeth will move to their desired location.
6. Depending on what state your teeth were in prior to the treatment, you will wear the Invisalign aligners for 20 weeks to a year.