Moradi Signature Smiles Does All-On-4 Dental Implant Procedures
Serving San Jose, Los Gatos, Campbell, Monte Sereno & Saratoga Residents
Dental implants are typically used to replace a single missing tooth. Each dental implant consists of a titanium screw, which fuses with the jawbone and serves as a tooth root, and a connecting abutment that supports the crown. Moradi Signature Smiles specializes in various forms of missing teeth treatment, including All-on-4 dental implants, in Campbell, CA. The All-on-4 dental implant procedure involves using four implants on the upper or lower jaw instead of a single dental implant for each missing tooth. The implants serve as anchors to which your dentist at Moradi Signature Smiles can attach a permanent set of fabricated teeth.
Understanding the Benefits of All-On-4 Dental Implants
The All-on-4 dental implant procedure places four implants on your top or bottom jaw to help restore your smile. The implants are titanium, which allows them to fuse to living bone and serve as a solid foundation for the new teeth. Furthermore, the titanium implant, which is permanently fixed in place, will prevent future bone loss. As a result, patients maintain their youthful facial structure and can improve their overall oral health.
How All-On-4 Dental Implants Differ from Traditional Implants
All-on-4 dental implants are a prime option for Campbell, CA patients who have multiple missing teeth on either row. It is not necessary to receive a dental implant for each of your missing teeth. That would be an inconvenient measure to take and would require multiple minor surgeries to insert each one. For an entire arch, traditional dental implants would require up to eight single implants. Instead, a more reasonable solution is All-on-4 dental implants. The All-on-4 dental implant procedure only requires four implants to achieve total arch support. In the All-on-4 dental implant technique, the two posterior implants are tilted at a 45-degree angle to allow longer implant posts, which offer identical durability to traditional implants but a faster treatment time. Furthermore, most All-on-4 dental implant procedures do not require bone grafting, which is standard practice for traditional dental implant procedures.
All-on-4 Dental Implants Vs. Natural Tooth Roots
All-on-4 dental implants are made to serve as artificial tooth roots. Consisting of titanium, they securely hold replacement teeth in place, even integrating with the bone to strengthen the jaw. The body recognizes implants as natural tooth roots rather than a foreign object. Because the procedure has been continually refined over the years, today’s success rate for All-on-4 dental implants is 98%.
Advantages of Receiving All-On-4 Dental Implants
The All-on-4 dental implant solution provides the closest imitation of your natural teeth on the market. After the professionals at Moradi Signature Smiles place the implants into your jaw, they will be nearly indistinguishable from natural teeth. They will look, feel, and function as such. Among the other benefits of All-on-4 dental implants are:
- Quick procedure – The All-on-4 dental implants procedure usually only takes about two hours per arch. Furthermore, it takes fewer visits to Moradi Signature Smiles to complete the process. Traditional dental implants often require bone grafting to ensure stability. A bone grafting procedure adds time to the overall process, which is not a concern with All-on-4 dental implants.
- Quick recovery time – The recovery time for All-on-4 dental implants is much shorter than that of traditional dental implants. Patients receive a temporary set of teeth before leaving our office in Campbell, CA. The permanent teeth are then placed into the implants after the healing process is complete, roughly six months following surgery.
- Permanent teeth – The teeth can be brushed and cleaned like natural teeth and do not need to be removed for any reason. As a result, there is no need for messy adhesives.
- Comfort – All-on-4 dental implants are more comfortable than dentures because they do not press down on users’ gums, allowing up to 70% more force during chewing.
- Improved oral health – Dental implant benefits include improved oral health because the All-on-4 implants prevent bone deterioration and help restore users’ facial features.
What to Expect After an All-On-4 Dental Implant Procedure
As with any surgery, patients will need a short time to heal following an All-on-4 dental implant procedure in our Campbell, CA office. However, the dental implants will begin to fuse to the jawbone immediately. During the first day of recovery, patients will want to avoid the tender areas and use gauze to stop any residual bleeding, which should be short-lasting. Additionally, though the All-on-4 dental implants will be functional as soon as you leave Moradi Signature Smiles, it is best to maintain a soft-food diet for a duration of time to be recommended by your dentist.
Visit Moradi Signature Smiles to Explore Dental Implants
If you need to replace multiple teeth on the top or bottom of your mouth, consider receiving All-on-4 dental implants from the experts at Moradi Signature Smiles. The All-on-4 dental implant procedure is quick, boasts a 98% success rate, and will provide replacement teeth as close as you can find to natural teeth. Call or visit our practice in Campbell, CA to learn more about the benefits of dental implants and whether you are an ideal candidate for the procedure.