One Treatment at a Time
Improving Your Campbell Signature Smile One Treatment at a Time
Cosmetic dentistry improves the look and function of your smile. Treatments range from teeth whitening and bonding to veneers, crowns, bridges, and dental implants. Your dentist can help you determine which treatment option is best for you to achieve the short- and long-term goals you have for your appearance and dental health.
Major Benefits of Cosmetic Dentistry
Cosmetic dentistry focuses on improving the appearance of your teeth and gums. Some of the major benefits of cosmetic dentistry include:
- Greater self-confidence; when your smile looks its best, you’ll feel more comfortable and willing to share it with family, friends, and even strangers.
- A younger-looking face; teeth whitening, veneers, and dental implants can all help your smile and your entire face look decades younger.
- Better dental and overall health; replacing missing teeth with dental implants or straightening your teeth with orthodontics can improve your oral health and positively impact your general health as well.
- Greater motivation to care for your teeth; when you like the look of your smile, you’ll feel more dedicated to following a daily regimen to keep it healthy.
Receiving a Dental Implant
Dental implants are the most effective and longest-lasting tooth replacement options available from your dentist. Replacing one or more missing teeth with dental implants is typically done in three steps:
- Once your dentist has confirmed that you are a good candidate for dental implants, you will undergo a short dental surgery procedure. During this time, your dentist will surgically place the titanium screws that make up the base of the dental implant into your jaw. Following this step, you will need four to six months to heal completely and allow the titanium screws to integrate with the bone of your jaw for stability.
- The next step in dental implant placement is a much shorter dental surgery, which exposes the tops of the implants and attaches the abutment, which serves to connect the titanium post to the crown that will replace the visible portion of your missing tooth. You will need a few weeks to heal after this visit.
3. The final step in receiving dental implants is the attachment of an artificial crown, which will mimic the tooth you lost in shape, size, and color. Once the crown is attached, your smile will be completely restored.
A healthier, more confident smile can drastically improve your quality of life. You can get more information about dental implants, dental veneers, and teeth whitening in Campbell by calling Moradi Signature Smiles at (408) 539-3003.