The steps we are taking to keep you and our team safe.
- We will continue to use the universal precautions that we use every single day with every single patient and that is to treat each patient thought they have a transmittable disease.
- We will be taking everyone’s temperature via Touchless methods, in order to safeguard all who come in contact with the office and personnel.
- We will, however, be doing everything possible to minimize contact.
- We can check you in by text from your car and let you know when we are available for you if you prefer to not sit in our reception area.
- We will have you swish with an anti/microbial/anti viral rinse and take your temperature before all procedures.
- We will be limiting the number of employees in our business office.
The CDC recommends dental offices, screen patients before proceeding with an appointment. The information we will be asking:
- Any individual who exhibits or reports signs of acute respiratory illness such as coughing, fever and shortness of breath.
- Recent travel to any locations that have a Level 3 Travel Health Notice for COVID-19. Verify when the patient returned to the United States. If the patient reports that at least two weeks have passed since their return from one of the identified regions and no symptoms have presented, the dental office can proceed with the appointment. When local, state or federal public health officials declare the disease is at the community level, screening for travel is not necessary.
- Close contact with an individual diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Dentists may also send a notice advising patients who are experiencing acute respiratory illness to remain home and reschedule appointments.