Sedation Dentistry in Campbell, CA
Proudly Offering Conscious Sedation Dentistry Services for Patients
Visiting your dentist should be a comfortable and positive experience. Sedation dentistry in Campbell offers you the helping hand you need to enjoy a healthy smile without feeling anxious or fearful in the dental chair. At Moradi Signature Smiles, our sedation dentists are here to help you discover a better way to receive the dental care you need, ranging from regular checkups and cleanings to dental surgery and cosmetic dentistry procedures like veneers and teeth whitening.
Tips for a Great Sedation Dentistry Experience
Sedation dentistry allows you to relax comfortably while you receive the dental care you need for excellent oral health. Your dentist will be happy to answer your questions before and during your appointment.
- Unless you are receiving nitrous oxide, you will need someone to drive you home after your dental appointment, so ask a friend or family member as early as possible to ensure you have a ride available on the day of your appointment.
- Plan to rest and relax when you get home during the short while it will take your sedative to fully wear off. Simple steps such as taking the day off work, ordering takeout for meals, and setting up a relaxation area with everything you’ll need for a few hours will make your recovery smooth and easy.
How Do I Know if Sedation Dentistry is For Me?
If you suffer from any of the following conditions, sedation dentistry may be right for you:
- You have a fear of going to the dentist
- You have had experience getting sufficiently numb in the past
- You have sensitive gums, teeth, or both
- You had a bad dental experience in the past
- You have a high gag reflex
- You simply don’t like the overall dental experience (tastes, sounds, smells)
Choosing Dental Sedation
If you are one of the millions of Americans today who’s fear or anxiety has kept you from walking through the doors of a dental office and into a healthy smile, you need to realize that you are not alone! Moradi Signature Smiles recognized this fact early on and was one of the first Northern California dental offices to employ Conscious Sedation Dentistry so that you remain absolutely comfortable throughout your dental visit with the aid of a simple pill. Sedation dentistry isn’t just for those who feel fearful of the dentist. In many cases, dental sedation is a great choice for any patients undergoing certain treatment options for improved comfort and ease of dental care. If you have questions about sedation dentistry and how it can benefit you, talk to your dentist by calling Moradi Signature Smiles at 408-371-8836.
- Dental sedation makes wisdom teeth removal a much easier and faster process, particularly if your wisdom teeth are impacted. The level of sedation your dentist suggests will be based on the complication of the procedure.
- If you are receiving dental implants, local anesthetic may still allow you to feel some pressure as your dentist works. Many patients opt for dental sedation for added comfort and little memory of this short procedure.
- Cosmetic treatments such as veneers can take time and require your dentist to pay careful, slow attention to each tooth. Choosing dental sedation for this procedure allows you to attain a full, beautiful smile in what will seem like a short period of time.