Comfort & Reassurance
Experience Comfort & Reassurance During Your Dental Visit in Our Campbell Office
As many as eight percent of Americans avoid the dentist altogether out of fear, while discomfort associated with the idea of receiving dental care keeps up to 20% of Americans from visiting their dentist except when absolutely necessary. At Moradi Signature Smiles, our sedation dentists in Campell are here to help you develop a happier, healthier, and more positive relationship with your dentist for better dental health. We can help you enjoy more comfortable visits, whether you want to pursue cosmetic treatments such as teeth whitening or need dental surgery to address more serious issues.
The Link Between Dental Health and Overall Health
Your dental health plays a pivotal role in your overall health. Numerous studies have shown that poor dental health can cause or exacerbate other serious health conditions. When anxiety or fear keeps you from visiting your dentist or limits the amount of dental care you feel comfortable receiving, you could be at higher risk for:
- Developing diabetes or having difficulty managing your blood sugar if you currently suffer from diabetes.
- Being diagnosed with or having trouble controlling heart disease, including experiencing a heightened risk for heart attack and stroke.
- Endocarditis, which is an infection of the lining of the heart caused by bacteria that spread from your mouth to your heart through your bloodstream.
- Giving birth prematurely or having a baby with a lower-than-average birth weight.
- Premature tooth loss, which can affect your self-esteem as well as your ability to eat the foods you need for good nutrition.
Today, sedation dentists offer a range of options to help you feel more comfortable when visiting the dentist. For personalized answers to your questions about sedation dentistry or any other aspect of your dental health, including dental implants, bonding, and dental veneers, contact Moradi Signature Smiles by calling (408) 539-3003.
- Minimal sedation is best for patients who are a little uneasy about visiting the dentist and would like to feel more relaxed during treatment. This type of sedation can be administered via gas or a pill that you take prior to your appointment.
- Moderate sedation, also called “conscious sedation,” is one of the most popular and effective forms of sedation. You will be awake and able to answer questions, but will feel completely relaxed and you won’t remember the sights, sounds, smells, or other experiences associated with dental treatment. This type of sedation is available via oral or IV medication.
- Deep sedation is typically used for more extensive dental procedures, such as dental surgery. You will be completely asleep and unaware during treatment. This type of sedation is typically administered intravenously.